An important role of the IBS is the training of young researchers in structural biology :
• The Institute hosts trainees of all levels (consult “Traineeships”),
• The IBS welcomes doctoral students (see "Thesis Proposals"),
• The institute is a joint research unit of the Université Grenoble Alpes and University Professors, Lecturers (Maitres de Conferences) and CEA/CNRS Researchers are involved in various teaching activities in the Departments of Chemistry and Biology, Pharmacy, Physics and the Doctoral School of Chemistry and Life Sciences.
• Researchers at IBS participate also in the organization of international workshops (EMBO, INSERM, HERCULES, ESSONN,…) or meetings (annual meeting of SFBBM, GTBio, …) (see "Meetings & worshops]")
• IBS researchers are also active in the vulgarization of science within locally organized “open days” (see “Science Day]”) and visits of school classes.